Thursday, July 9, 2009

Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.

Can we all agree that mindset is the foundation for success? If we assume that most agree with that, then why do we do the complete opposite in hopes of being successful?

I've been guilty of that in the past until I realized that I was TOTALLY counter-productive. Most of us will continue to do the same things over and over knowing that we should stop and change.

That change is much easier talked about than done...can we agree? I mean, I was the kind of guy that had a HUGE ego, and didn't want to be told what I should be doing by anyone. I believed I needed help, but I would be the one to help myself.

Do you think I was wrong? The answer is, yes! I was wrong, because if you remember yesterday's lesson, the only voice we hear 100% of the time is our own. My voice was loud as hell! Always telling me that I was crazy and silly for ever believing that I could be successful. Isn't that horrible? I've since changed my ways.

We're all looking for new ways to make money. Some of us have turned to the Internet, and most of us have failed at some point, haven't we?

Some of us have failed several times, so why haven't we given up already? Because some of us know that failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.

The problem is that we're so afraid to fail that we do all we can to avoid the "shame" of failure. Can you imagine if we had that mindset when we were infants?

How many of us do you think would be using the toilet, walking upright, eating with utensils etc.?

The bottom line is that you will fail at things you try, some will fail miserably several times. How would it feel once you FINALLY have that breakthrough you've been waiting for?

Think about that today when you start to think that you're not going to make it. Thank about this when your "friends" tell you that you're crazy for trying something that they're just too scared to try. Don't let those people poison your thinking.

The truth is once you make it, those will be the same people telling you "I knew you could do it!"

Stay tuned for tomorrow's thoughts....

No comments: